What’s your biggest problem when it comes to social media?
Lately I have been stressing the importance of content creation and content marketing because people know they need to be on social media, but they do not know what to say. That is a big problem. I believe if you know what to say and the best way to say it to your audience it will solve your social media problem. Content is your (digital) communication to your audience. Content Marketing is taking the content you create and promoting it through various channels.
Forms of Content:
- Social Media: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and more.
- Apps: Anchor
- Blogs: Medium, LinkedIn Publishing
- Podcast: iTunes, GooglePlay, iHeartRadio, Stitcher
Types of Content:
- Personal Story
- Books and ebooks
- Information/Resource Guides
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- GIFs & Memes
- Video & Livestream
- Curating content
- Testimonials & Reviews (products, books, etc)
- Email Marketing
- Case Studies
- Product Demos
- Worksheets & Templates
- Speaking Engagement
- Twitter Chat
- Text Messages
Repurposing Content is taking one piece of content and creating multiple forms or types to distribute on various channels.
Podcast Interview>>Blog Post>>Quote/Image Card>>
Information Guide (Lead Magnet)>>Book>>Testimonial
Allow your content to educate, inspire, build trust as you become a valuable resource to your audience.
4 Questions To Ask Yourself
- Ideal Client Persona – What are their needs and how can I deliver through content?
- What is my goal? Examples drive traffic, convert more prospects, increase visibility, grow email lists.
- How do I want to promote my content? Social media, paid ads
- How often do I want to create, publish, and promote my content?
Steps To A Content Strategy
- Create a list of topics and core messages.
- Create a content calendar (write, publish, and promote).
- Create a workflow – a system from start to finish including your team. (writing, interviews, editors, repurpose).
- Content audits – review your website on a regular basis (monthly, quartely, etc)